Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: MekTek  (Read 4672 times)

vettie

• Global Moderator
  • Moderator in Training
  • Life is norespawn, enjoy this round
    • View Profile
MekTek
« on: January 02, 2013, 11:15:06 AM »
Sadly disappointed in MekTek.

Sadly. So much so, I have lost respect for them.

They made promises and did not follow through.

Jeho was a great guy. HIM, I have respect for. I completely understand what happened with him and the things he went through.

That being said, SOMEONE at MekTek, Vince, Whitey, one of you guys, should have picked up the torch and finished what was already there.

You guys had / have your eye on the big $ sign in the sky and did not focus on the what you already told the community you would do. A complete lack of follow through. A 'dis' to all the followers and people, like myself, that donated to you over the years.

Now you are off to pursue something that you hope will bring you lots of money while you never finished what you started, of if you did finish it, you never gave it to the ones that supported you. Why should we follow your latest? Your performance shows that it will end in disappointment for the followers, the fans, the supporters.

Sad. I was was a big supporter, I defended you guys on my blog, on forums, in game, with cash, and, well, I was left out in the cold.

Changing the name, or becoming partners with another studio wont hide who you really are.

At this point, all I can say is that IF I am ever asked, I will speak the truth. This door is shut. Chapter closed.

One more thing, the NDA you had us sign, well that expired. Good Luck on trying to enforce it.

Yes, fellow MechWarriors, I said when i read about MekTek giving up support for MW4 that it was a sad day. After doing some research. Looking around, it doesnt take much to figure out what the guys are up to. I CONTINUE to wish Jeho well and hope things return to normal for him. The rest of the crew there? Pfffttt... Yes, this day may even be sadder than the announcement that they would no longer support MW4. Why? It is the day I lost respect for the MekTek Team, not all of them, but for the most part, well, just never mind... Not worth my time or trouble any more...

Life is no respawn, enjoy this round

Hugh Manatee

• View Profile
Re: MekTek
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 12:36:35 PM »
What went down? I haven't logged into mw4 or SJ for awhile...

Lusankya

• Moderator in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 12:40:21 PM »
I was about to ask the same thing. What's up vettie?

vettie

• Global Moderator
  • Moderator in Training
  • Life is norespawn, enjoy this round
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 04:22:46 PM »
Simple matter.

Ask John, George, Ringo or Paul

MP4 was finished. Minor details were all that were incomplete. It was a working model plus LOTS of mechs.

Jeho suffered a stroke. His house burned. [THEY] let that be the fall guy. Paraphrasing '''[We cant finish MP4 because it was Jeho's work...When and if he recovers and feels like finishing...it might be relased...]

There is some truth to that, but for the most part, all they needed to do was release it and then patch any major issues.

Instead, they quit. They have their eye in sky for / with another bunch and are working on a new project due out in Feb 2k13.

If you were a donator - they took your money and bought lots of computers and hardware, not so they could support MW4Mercs, so they could start up this new venture.

Its really a shame. It wasnt an overnite deal either, this has been going on for some time. I know that MP4 was playable over a year ago, but they never released it, POSSIBLY in hopes of raising more cash to do what they are now doing.

I just shake my head. they guys that did a lot of work, other than Jeho, well i wish them well and I hope that the crew over there do not forget the guys that helped get them where they are and where they hope to be going. There were several people involved in crafting MP3 and MP4 in addition to Jeho, while he did most of the coding and correcting, there were artists and on and on.

I could go on and on about it, but it just raises my blood pressure and I just want to, arrrg, never mind...

EDIT: This is WORSE that McDonalds charging .25$ for extra syrup. MUCH WORSE. At least the crew at MWO is straight up about why they want your money...
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 04:27:09 PM by vettie »
Life is no respawn, enjoy this round

StrataDragoon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2013, 12:53:12 PM »
you got to remember $$$ rules everything...anywhere you go anything you do.

nano

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2014, 07:59:54 PM »
If anyone wants to check out Jeho's YouTube channel, here it is  (he is quite the musician):  http://www.youtube.com/user/gvancleef2008/videos

Enterprise © Bloc