Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Howdy  (Read 6929 times)

CowCrusher9

Howdy
« on: December 18, 2012, 07:53:08 PM »
New Job, New 4 core 3.4 Ghz CPU, new Nvidia GTX560ti.
Patching as we speak.Sso, ya'll get ready to do some Cow killin' this weekend.

Mooo

vettie

• Global Moderator
  • Moderator in Training
  • Life is norespawn, enjoy this round
    • View Profile
Re: Howdy
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 10:58:26 PM »
DOUBLE MOO!!!

Great news!!

Looking forward to seeing the Cow in MWO

We use C3 for comms (you can download it from the MWO Game)
Channel as typed
The Blood Pearls
password as typed
yohoho

Life is no respawn, enjoy this round

Ninjawolf

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 11:43:57 PM »
hey hey Welcome Back COW Nice to see you around. too bad I still am saving money for a computer to run MWO  :(

CowCrusher9

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 12:05:57 AM »
Yuppers Vettie, It was about time.
Getting just over 40FPS at 1280x1024, so yay.
Did you get your stromboli throttle (wheel) to work?
If so, how?

Mooo

vettie

• Global Moderator
  • Moderator in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 10:11:06 AM »
center MOUSE wheel or Stromboli wheel are not currently mapable (is that a word?) in MWO.

You CAN assign Mouse Wheel as a BUTTON if it 'clicks' but you can not use the scroll function.

I want mine to be the throttle control, DDay wants it for throttle, someone else mentioned using it as Zoom.

Currently cant do. I DID send in a ticket and the response was that that feature would RETURN to MWO, but other items have a higher priority, shocker there...

So I DO use my stromboli, wasd keys as they are match the keyboard settings, space matches (jump jets), I changed the "R" key to "E" key. Z, X and C stay the same. I use the 'Q' key for push to talk. I mapped the Q function to "R" key (see friendlies).

Other than that, I have not remapped any other keys and I do not have the H and N keys assigned yet, Thermal / Heat vision and Night Vision. Nor do i have the "J" key mapped, ECM normal mode or counter ECM mode.

Works great.

I did try to map the throttle / right / left turns to the 'd' pad, but it saw them in game as the 'arrow' keys and I could not change my weapons group settings DOH! so I quickly re-did that.

StrataDragoon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2012, 03:40:12 PM »
I use mine as zome but I click it.

D-Day

• Global Moderator
  • Hi mom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2012, 05:14:43 PM »
Hey Cow, good to have you back!  :)

Smagaman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2012, 06:59:21 PM »
Good to see you Moo Moo!!!  Momma was just thinking about having a Triple Decker Cheeseburger and then Cow shows up!!!  :P

Did you go with an Intel or an AMD processor? 

CowCrusher9

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2012, 10:57:01 PM »
Good to see you Moo Moo!!!  Momma was just thinking about having a Triple Decker Cheeseburger and then Cow shows up!!!  :P

Did you go with an Intel or an AMD processor?

AMD Phenom II  3.4 GHz X4 965 (Black Edition)

Smagaman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2012, 09:33:54 AM »
Nice!!!  Moo have you opened up the task manager while playing the game to see how busy it is keeping the processor?  And also for the GPU?  I have the Intel i7-3770k and it is a quad core with 8 threads and I noticed it is using just 4 of the cores and keeps them between 50 to 80 percent while in game.  And for the ATI 7959 I have, I noticed it is running my GPU at 80 to 90 percent.  I do not know if I am just not pushing the settings up high enough in the game and should push it more or if it is inefficient coding.  But I am getting 60 fps in the game almost the whole time.

vettie

• Global Moderator
  • Moderator in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2012, 12:31:55 PM »
I got the FX-3120 8 core. I think it is 3.2ghz and the AMD 7770ghz edition with 1gig DDR5.

I set the game to Ultra High (or whatever the highest setting is) and in lobby got 65 to 67 fps, but in game more like 45 to 50fps.

I lowered it to High settings and I got like 65 to 70fps in lobby and around 48 to 57fps in game.

Thing is, I did not notice ANY difference in the actual visuals between Ultra and plain High. NO difference to me, so I leave it set at HIGH and enjoy the very slight boost in FPS. Doesnt seem to drop as much when the furball begins.

Glad to have the Cow back in the game. I hope you dont get to frustrated with the game, its BETA, they say OPEN BETA but in truth it is more like early beta.

Goofy things you will notice...
Memory Leak - after a bit of playing (hour or 2) your frame rate will drop to 4fps and lock there. The current fix is to reboot the game. The more RAM you have on your system, the longer it takes to show up. I have 6gig Win 7 64bit and it takes about 2.5 to 3 hours, but it does come if I dont close the game and restart it.

Overheat shut down bug - while in a furball and you overheat, your mech will recover but the HUD screen does not, still shows you over heat. YOu can not tell good guys from bad,nor can you get a lock for the weapons that use lock. Fix is to hit the 'p' key and manually shut your mech down. 'p' key again restarts its and clears the overheat screen. Problem is, when this happens, you are usually in a furball and shutting down will usually get you killed.

Yellow screen of death - every so often you get the yellow screen of death when the game launches. NO FIX. The workaround is to hit the right shift + the F11 key. this clears your HUD. NO CHAT, NO COMPASS, NO TARGET. The only way to tell good from bad is if they starting shooting you. Next round it goes away or you can restart your game client.

On River City and Forest Colony if you get into a close brawl with an Atlas or Catapult or Stalker, you will notice them glowing much more than other mechs. If you continue the brawl, the glow gets more intense and the rest of the screen gets real dark, almost black. 2 fixes - break off the brawl for a moment until the light comes back in your screen, OR use the 'h' key and switch to thermal vision.

There have also been a plethora of issues with the mini map. Anything from rainbow colours sans terrain, to reverse terrain showing up, to black screen min map. NO FIX. Next game things are back to normal OR you can restart your game client.

The WORST BUG in the game is one known as the Lusankya Bug. It happens when you are in a tight fight with an enemy and you have the enemy worn down to very low health %. Out of no where comes Lusankya and steals the kill.  The FIX? Keep Lu in front of you.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 12:38:43 PM by vettie »

Lusankya

• Moderator in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2012, 12:58:00 PM »
Even if you keep me in front of you I will still steal the kill, I'm just that good ;). Also I'm Batman don't forget that.

D-Day

• Global Moderator
  • Hi mom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2012, 05:44:31 PM »
Even if you keep me in front of you I will still steal the kill, ...

It looks like Homer has got some competition!  :P

Ninjawolf

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2012, 07:04:51 PM »
Vettie we do have a fix for the Lusankya bug. Just like with Homer whenever a kill is stolen, you rip up his backside. Or we would reinitiate him at the next practice >:D

vettie

• Global Moderator
  • Moderator in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2012, 11:44:21 PM »
Vettie we do have a fix for the Lusankya bug. Just like with Homer whenever a kill is stolen, you rip up his backside. Or we would reinitiate him at the next practice

LOL

We have 2 fixes for Lu

1 leg him at launch and blame it on some other pilot

2 tell him you almost have an enemy cored and the location. Truth is, there are 5 enemy there and NONE are cored and all have ECM and only those in short range can see them. Then run off to find the other 3 that are not in that location as you read "Almost whole other team killed Lusankya"...

Enterprise © Bloc