Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Moving Day  (Read 3539 times)

mini-me

• View Profile
Moving Day
« on: April 07, 2016, 10:57:27 AM »
well, its finally here... Moving Day. just a few short 24 hours from right now I will be loading all of belongings into a moving van and heading back to New Orleans. After 26 years, myself and my wife are packing up and saying good bye to San Francisco. This will be done in 2 parts with myself leaving first and then my wife following me a few months down the road. This needs to be done this way for several different reason one of which is that I need to go first to get a job  to save some money and too pay off a some bills to make the transition easy for the both of us. The both of us have been a part for periods of time while I needed to go off and work the last of which is when I went back to New Orleans after hurricane Katrina and spent over 6 months away working and helping our family and friends to get back on there feet after the Storm. So, we both know in our hearts we will be fine.
26 years ago I was 25 years old ,brash, angry, really piss off young man who had been married for 2 years and was going threw some really hard personal issues with myself and my family and needed break out of sorts from the life we were living. We had gotten an opportunity to move to California with some friends we used to know who had been out here living and working and took advantage of it and packed up what little we had in the back of a 1984 Toyota pick -up and moved out west. It was very hard on the both us for long time , one of the reason was that the ''Friends'' we were supposed to work and live with, after a short period of time living out here
decided that they had enough and packed and moved back to Louisiana and left myself and my wife with barely enough to survive on. That was ok, because myself and my wife decided to accept the challenge to make our own mark on life and stay out in California. It was a the biggest and greatest challenge 2 very young people can par take upon in any given life time. We did it , we made it work some how and the end result is amazing. It was full of highs and low, up and downs, very hard on a personal and emotional level but it was done and the both of us have grown so much. We have become older, smarter and wiser. The driving force that help us threw all of the turmoil, the highs and lows, the good and the bad is the undying love we have for each other and in my heart that's all that really matters.
So with all that said, over the past few months I been asking myself ,after a life time of living out here , What will I miss and not miss after I leave...lets start with I am not going to miss ..
will I miss living in the San Francisco bay area?.....hell no
will I miss the people we both meet over the years?....fuck these self righteous idiots
will I miss paying out over 80 percent of our monthly income just so we can have a roof over our head?...every freaking fucking land owner, property owner, law maker and every other scum ass piece of shit that has to do with high cost of living out here in California should be arrested and put in jail for stealing every hard working person money...
what will I miss? a lot of things..
over the past 25 years I managed to see a lot of great musicians perform live, some 200 plus concerts , lots of art and wine festival , the wonderful weather and Baseball. We both due love going to Baseball games and seeing the Giants play and they will sorely missed

what all that said and done ,tonight will be my last night online for a period of time. How long?
not really sure, a month 2,6 a year I cant give you guys that answer until I get down there and get established and working. My first on only  priority is to get to work, save some money , pay off as many bills as I can and most important get my wife the HELL out of this place ...
all I can say now is I love you guys, I will miss our time together and I will be back on line in my big stompby robots blowing shit up and shooting bushy in the ass as soon as I can ...

take care guys ..wish us luck  :D

Lusankya

• Moderator in Training
    • View Profile
Re: Moving Day
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 01:02:59 PM »
Take your time bro we'll be waiting for you when you can get on again. The amount of avatars I'll have built up for you by then will be enormous :D.

vettie

• Global Moderator
  • Moderator in Training
  • Life is norespawn, enjoy this round
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2016, 10:36:21 AM »
Moving is a real pain tin ass

Be sure to take LOTS of Preperation H and some Tucks Medicated Pads

Good Luck and stay safe
Life is no respawn, enjoy this round

TekDriveTruck

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2016, 02:58:20 PM »
Could I get a tl;dr on this?

vettie

• Global Moderator
  • Moderator in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2016, 04:59:05 PM »
Could I get a tl;dr on this?

mini's moving

D-Day

• Global Moderator
  • Hi mom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2016, 08:55:47 PM »
Good luck Min, there will always be a spot for you here in BP.  :)

From what you have told me, you have some work to do in Louisiana - so I can sort of understand your situation.  ???

I hope I'm on comms when you come back and please don't be a stranger on the forums!  ;)

StrataDragoon

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2016, 09:12:33 PM »
see you when u get back mini

FireDog

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2016, 06:02:46 PM »
Best of luck or as we say in the Navy, Fair Winds and Following Seas....   

What do they say in Battletech?    Cool Cockpits and Target Locks?

vettie

• Global Moderator
  • Moderator in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2016, 11:35:54 PM »
Best of luck or as we say in the Navy, Fair Winds and Following Seas....   

What do they say in Battletech?    Cool Cockpits and Target Locks?

nav point alpha

Enterprise © Bloc