Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Band Stuff  (Read 4805 times)

vettie

• Global Moderator
  • Moderator in Training
  • Life is norespawn, enjoy this round
    • View Profile
Band Stuff
« on: August 10, 2012, 10:46:17 AM »
Vettie and the boys are gonna be in Nashville tonight at 12th and Porter.

Leaving here in an hour or so to get our stuff together. I actually get to join in a little tonite.

Another Band that Vettie is starting to manage is called Banish the Silence. We got a gig in Sept for a town party called 'depot Days',  Roughly 10 to 12k visitors come to Depot days each year and Banish is the head liner for the entertainment event and I actually get to play a little guitar with these guys too (just some acoustic stuff, nothing fancy).

So i will use this forum to post about music stuff such as guitars and gigs. All are welcome to post and join in.
Life is no respawn, enjoy this round

Smagaman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Band Stuff
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 11:43:31 AM »
Have fun out there Old Man and have a safe trip!!!  Let us know how it went when you return.   8)

vettie

• Global Moderator
  • Moderator in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 09:27:45 AM »
Got back home about 4 am.

Great show, blew the room away. there were 3 other bands there. We all played 1 1/2 hour sets.
It was the Club Owners birthday bash and every year he has a 'themed' birthday party. Last year it was 80s rock, this year 90s rock so we had to play all 90s covers.

We played 1st and then joined the last band for about a 20 to 30 minute jam. After we played, i went out into the floor area and people were really talking about how they liked us considering we were so 'old' (youngest in our band is 43), LOL.

Had a great time, pretty tired. Fingers a bit sore. I actually got to play some acoustic stuff on a couple of songs (intros and a couple of small solo parts) and I didnt screw up.

Like I said, after our set, I went out in the crowd and (got a drink) and mingled a little. This girl (probably about 24) comes up to me and said "hey, you were in that band that just played werent you?" "Yes". "You guys were really good. I love your hair, you wanna go outside for a little while?" I laffed and said "How old are you?" She said "I am old enough to be in here." I said "How old do you think I am?" She said "I dunno, maybe 30 something." I laffed again. Then I said "I probably have kids as old or older than you." She said "Really? Like how old ARE you?" I said "over 50". She said "No way" I said "yeah, I am." then she said "well if thats true, I cant fuck you, that would be like fucking my dad, with nice hair, ewww." I said, "and for me it would be like fucking my daughter, except you are really hot."

I didnt get laid...shit happens.

KAZAK

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 09:06:45 PM »
sorry old man...but what you did was plain stupid...

ARE YOU NUTS ??????

pfffff...you give us guitarists a bad name....im sure you are banging your head to the wall by now... if not ,you should :P

vettie

• Global Moderator
  • Moderator in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 09:51:21 PM »

ARE YOU NUTS ??? ???

pfffff...you give us guitarists a bad name....im sure you are banging your head to the wall by now... if not ,you should :P

LOL
I do have 1 moral. They have to be older than my kid(s). Guess I will never be a real star... :(

I was thinking of starting a new band. I have the name picked out

Tom Foolery and the Shenanigans

D-Day

• Global Moderator
  • Hi mom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 12:01:46 PM »

ARE YOU NUTS ??????

Chief, now, if that was Prime, he would think;"If there's grass on the field, I'm playing ball."  :P

Or, you could go with what Fat Momma's fat brother would say; "if you're old enough to pee, you're old enough for me."  :P

Good to see you Poppa Kazak!  ;)

vettie

• Global Moderator
  • Moderator in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2012, 10:06:15 AM »
new pick up line

surprisingly for the upperscale, college aged girls it works very well

"nice shoes, wanna fuck?"

so far i have a 75% rating to the good (3 out of 4) (1 slapping)

Enterprise © Bloc