Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Windows 10  (Read 2514 times)

Smagaman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Windows 10
« on: July 29, 2015, 04:54:00 PM »
Who is downloading the new Windows 10 today and installing it?  I have bot my desktop and laptop currently downloading.  93 percent done.  We will know soon if this upgrade is worth it. 

StrataDragoon

• View Profile
Re: Windows 10
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 06:32:28 PM »
i will eventually maybe after they roll out some patches

Lusankya

• Moderator in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 10:32:05 PM »
I'm gonna wait for a while before updating to W10. I'll wait and see how people say it runs.

Smagaman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2015, 08:15:59 AM »
I updated my laptop to Windows 10 last night.  I left my desktop alone as it is my heavy lifting machine that handles work and gaming for me.  First impressions.

The new hybrid Start button is better, but still not the best as it was in Windows 7 and prior versions, but doable now. 

The new Edge browser is not good.  It is very fast, but it is so striped down and limited, it is like getting a Ferrari engine and frame, but everything else striped off the car.  Thank goodness, you can go back to IE 11 or install Chrome or FireFox.

Cortana, is interesting, but when you do a custom set up and read everything it wants to send about you back to MS, I turned it off.  It wants to read everything you type or say, your location and your browsing and programs you run and send it to MS.  I don't need MS to know I am addicted to the BP website and play too much MWO!!! 

I am still playing with Windows 10 and I will keep it installed on my laptop.  I will update this post as I continue to use Win 10.

Lusankya

• Moderator in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2015, 08:58:51 AM »
Cortana, is interesting, but when you do a custom set up and read everything it wants to send about you back to MS, I turned it off.  It wants to read everything you type or say, your location and your browsing and programs you run and send it to MS.  I don't need MS to know I am addicted to the BP website and play too much MWO!!! 

Or those cabana boy websites you love so much fat momma ;).

D-Day

• Global Moderator
  • Hi mom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2015, 06:53:33 PM »
I'm gonna wait for a while before updating to W10. I'll wait and see how people say it runs.

I like Lusan's thinking. Microsoft is notorious for putting out some shitty OSes (remember XP when it first came out...). I would give it a chance to mature before I upgrade from Windows 7.
Besides, I like Win 7's stability and near seamless operation (it may have taken Windows Vista's failure to make Win 7 as good as it is (and I do not want to get stuck with the next iteration of "Vista").

Enterprise © Bloc