Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: So a foot of water in your house isn't exactly vomiting blood but it still sucks  (Read 1520 times)

Hugh Manatee

• View Profile
So yeah i don't know if yall saw it but central texas got nutshot by a bunch of rain on memorial day. The cops woke us up at like 3:30 am and said we had like20 minutes to get out so ma and i packed some clothes and sundries into a bag and put the "cow"puter in a water tight bag up high off the floor where it usually is and they got us out of there in a tank(i mean  a literal surplus MRAP our small town just had lying around...) about 6 hours later the waters were receded we left the shelter and we went back to find the porch turned 180 degrees around, an inch of mud on the ground and about a foot deep water mark on the walls ect. Long story short we've been living in a hotel for about the last 2.5 weeks and we're just now established in an apartment that just today got internet. we lost about 1/3 of our crap, and most of it was crap except for  a few books i had on a low shelf and a box of pictures and keepsakes but still we're doing ok for now.

Lusankya

• Moderator in Training
    • View Profile
Just good to hear that you're safe :).

Lexx

• View Profile
I lived in Texas from 90-92, near Dallas. One thing I remember from my college days there is that when it rained in Texas, it really rained. Even back then there was flooding after every big rainstorm.

I saw on the news how bad it was this year. Seeing it on TV is one thing, but when it happens to someone you know; it has more of an impact.

The important thing to focus on is that you, and your family are ok. Stuff is just stuff. Most of it can be replaced, but you can't put a price on life. I'm glad you told us where you have been, it's good to know you're still around. Just hang in there and know the worst is over and things will get better.

Enterprise © Bloc