Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: BP LOGO  (Read 3236 times)

StrataDragoon

• View Profile
BP LOGO
« on: October 29, 2012, 10:35:39 PM »
Anyone have a logo for BP
I wanna put it in the video O_O

Hugh Manatee

• View Profile
Re: BP LOGO
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 01:45:24 AM »
We actually do, there's this badass real nebula, one of those hubble pics or something, gold clouds surrounding a red star. I don't think I have it on me but one of these guys is bound to... We made it into a .TGA insignia for our MW4 gaming. We even had an arena in MW4 with it in the center pit.

Hugh Manatee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 01:54:02 AM »
lets see if this attachment works... I think this is it. or it might be the second one
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 02:05:35 AM by Hugh Manatee »

vettie

• Global Moderator
  • Moderator in Training
  • Life is norespawn, enjoy this round
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 09:47:05 AM »
Thats IT!

I was looking for may original photo of that just this morning. Its the top one

I was going to upload it here so folks could use it if they want.

We also have a MW4 Insignia that 'looks' similar that DP let us use back when he was running things at NBT
Life is no respawn, enjoy this round

StrataDragoon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 10:22:01 AM »
the first one or second one?

vettie

• Global Moderator
  • Moderator in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2012, 04:54:37 PM »
1st one

one on top

BP_Nebula.jpg

There is a story behind the photo.

It is an actual NASA photo that was taken with the Hubble Telescope.

In the days after the mass exodus from St Ives Compact (NBT League) and the scurry to find other teams or form one of our own, a few of us decided to form our own group.

In those days, Smaga, CowCrusher and a gent named Pirate were our team commanders. Some of us had a conference on Team speak with some of the former members of SIC to decide what to do. Many of the guys joined one of our allies, FS (at the time was a pretty good unit and no aholes like todays group).

However there were conflicts on who would run what and so on, so those 3 I named decided to form our team. The ONLY opening in the league at that time were a Clan Unit (and the Clans voted against adding another clan unit but we really didnt want to be Clan) and a Pirate unit that had been abandoned.

It was already named "The Blood Pearls" by the previous group, who left us with near nothing, no money and a dismal 27% win percentage.  Yes 27%.

We took a vote on comms and those that wanted to join FS could do so and were welcome with us at any time. From that we formed The Blood Pearls. I seachfu was pretty good in those days and when i got the news that we would form a team and the name of it, I did a search and found those images on the NASA sight.

We gelled well and over the course of our NBT career, until the league shut down for HardCore, we took that miserable 27% WIN (which we had to keep) and turned it into an 87% win at league shut down. And it wasnt like the team before us loss like 5 of 8 games, they had played some 400 drops.

Yeah, we won a lot. yeah we did good. At league shut down we had more CBills than ANY CLAN and more the 2/3's of the MAJOR Houses. We had the max amount of Planets a Pirate could own without becoming a House Unit (in fact DP had to raise the amount from 6 to 8 when we won 2 Planetary Assaults that everyone thought we would lose) and we had our OWN CLAN mech Factory building Ares and Thors...  and we did most all this with about 12 squad members (give or take a couple).

Ninjawolf

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2012, 11:13:46 PM »
don't forget that we became known for throwing BBQs on hot planet's  :D I know I was a late addition to the crew but I felt like I contributed a lot to the win percentage.

vettie

• Global Moderator
  • Moderator in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2012, 10:15:27 AM »
don't forget that we became known for throwing BBQs on hot planet's  :D I know I was a late addition to the crew but I felt like I contributed a lot to the win percentage.

Welcome to the BP BBQ, Striders, Marauders full of FLamers, Heat sinks, LBX20s and Arty beacons. Next target? LOL Fun times

Ninja I was just listing (as best I can recall) the few Founding Members of BP that are still around. You joined us probably within2 weeks of the inception (if I recall). No doubt you added to the win %. Many pilots passed though these 'virtual doors' but the core group is still here, including yourself. Just because you are unable to play (currently) does NOT mean you are not part of us. The 'Door' is always open to you and your chair at the round table is still reserved. When i get asked about you, I say "Ninja is away on 'business' ".

Damn, I still remember the first time we heard you on comms. Something like 2 months in practice 2 nights a week and drops 2 nights a week, nothing but silence. Then one night he spoke.... lol! "I would like the Catapult". Cow and I were like "who said that?" LOL

Ninjawolf

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2012, 06:34:25 PM »
and I still would like the catapult. :) I think I was the only BP who liked piloting them in MW4.

Enterprise © Bloc