Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: That time of year  (Read 2467 times)

vettie

• Global Moderator
  • Moderator in Training
  • Life is norespawn, enjoy this round
    • View Profile
That time of year
« on: November 28, 2013, 07:45:23 AM »
Yep, its that time of year again. Most of you are at home, a day or so off work, something baking in the oven, wonderful smells fill the air.

Thanksgiving, American style.

This year, again I have much to be thankful for. My friends, you guys, Im still alive and Ms. Paige who stumbled into my life.

I have known many of you for years, altho we have never met. We traveled to many places, been there for one another and just had so damn good fun. Also, this year brings us many new friends, welcome to the Blood Pearls all ye War Pigz, you are now considered friends as well as team mates.

My recent Doctor visit yielded great news for Ol Vettie. My liver still functions at better than 90% (a miracle considering it had completely stopped and my body was shutting down), my back, altho it will never be the same, is holding up pretty good even tho these cold mornings remind me I still have lots of lovely hardware inside, my diabetes is completely under control. My weight is down to just about 200 (before lunch today, anyway). My doctor took me off all medications, except some for my liver and some pain meds.

Paige has reminded me that you are only as old as you feel. You guys remind me that friends are true. My 'real life buds' have also been a big boost to me.

So take the time, remind yourself of what you have to be thankful for and look around to those you know and those you dont know and remind yourself just how lucky you are.

Be thankful. I know I am

« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 07:52:50 AM by vettie »
Life is no respawn, enjoy this round

Lusankya

• Moderator in Training
    • View Profile
Re: That time of year
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 08:28:25 AM »
Very well said sir and it is nice to hear you are doing well medically. Now you can say at least I got my health :D.

StrataDragoon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2013, 09:55:53 AM »
Touching almost cried *Sniffles Sniffles*
Get back on with us soon
Happy Thanksgiving to all that is celebrating today and belated for our Canadian players!

skiballer

• get rich or die trying
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2013, 01:39:37 PM »
Hear,hear!
             Good Sir,We are thankful you are doing good . I am thankful for all my new friends.

Vanja

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2013, 04:16:39 AM »
Good to hear you are well Vettie, I knew nothing could happen to you, you are a tough one, know this, for you there is no death without twin LBX20's :P

Edit. Happy thanksgiving my American friends :)

D-Day

• Global Moderator
  • Hi mom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2013, 07:10:02 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving everyone.  :)

Hi Vanja, it's good to see you here again!  :)

SPARTAKYS

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2013, 07:59:13 AM »
Words of wisdom that warms the mechbays, thxs Vettie.
I'll call all you up for the happiness you provide me while gaming.
Lets call out it includes also every second of bad jokes, temper tantrums, hacking accusations, every minutes of "not finding the enemy" or "taking a lot of fire" we swallowed in silence, all those hours spent meching with the team, I am really grateful for.
Yup, this time'o'year where we stick close together, looking forward to make this a year-long practice. :P
All my best to you ALL.
<S>

CowCrusher9

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2013, 06:53:13 PM »
That's good news Chief.
Damn glad to hear it.

Rock on!

Enterprise © Bloc