Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: hard times?  (Read 1302 times)

vettie

• Global Moderator
  • Moderator in Training
  • Life is norespawn, enjoy this round
    • View Profile
hard times?
« on: August 01, 2013, 04:14:31 PM »
Things must be getting really hard around here.

I looked at the unemployment here in North Alabama and it really hasn't changed much in the past 3 to 4 months, hovering within a percentage point or so.
I guess, after a few months of unemployment, or whatever, like gas prices rising, as well as food prices, it becomes tougher to get by. I know I am having a harder time stretching my 1$ from month to month, so I can imagine those with a family struggling.

The reason i bring this up is that it struck me today as i was driving back from the market. Times must really be hard around here. I noticed several people putting up signs in their yard. I appears that they are going to try to sell their yards starting Friday. Yeah, its true. I saw four different people putting up signs that said "Yard Sale Starting Friday" with either their address on it or an arrow pointing towards their street or home.

I live in an apartment so i dont really need a yard, but if you are in the market, this weekend is the time to buy around here.
Life is no respawn, enjoy this round

Lusankya

• Moderator in Training
    • View Profile
Re: hard times?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 05:17:11 PM »
Screw selling the yard, turn it into a garden and grow some vegetables and fruit to sell later on. I know lots of people who do that. They grow their stuff then head on out to the farmers market and sell it. Of course they usually turn them into some kind of dish to sell like jams and pies and stuff like that. It's a good little racket ;).

PoLaR

Re: hard times?
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 08:33:53 AM »
Yep,

Apparently we (mostly the states but it affects is here in the north a lot) are heading for worse depression than 2007. On the outside of course, we "aren't supposed to know this" and everything is peachy If you were to ask the gov.

Enterprise © Bloc