Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Polar Down  (Read 6093 times)

Lusankya

• Moderator in Training
    • View Profile
Re: Polar Down
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2013, 10:38:55 PM »
Aw man...

So, I bought a AMD FX(tm)-8120 Eight-Core Processor, ASUS M5 A97 R2.0 motherboard, and a 750w PSU to run er'. When I turned It all on, somehow, my video card had fried.. lame.. the dude told me he put a better video card in, got home. Installed all my drivers for everything and find out he put in an AMD Radeon HD 6450.. which apparently can't even run MWO. So that sucks, guess I'm out until I can get another card D:

I would go back to the store and demand that you get a video card of equal value you had and not some old piece of junk he claimed would be better. You had a GTX 650, a HD 6450 is definitely not an upgrade. That sounds pretty shady if you ask me. If you have the old card you might still be able to send it in and get a new one if the warranty is good.

Smagaman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2013, 10:49:08 PM »
Lusankya is right, that video card is not an equal to your old card.  The equivalent ATI card would be an 6700 series or a 7700 series card.  The 6450 is equal to an onboard integrated video card.  And those suck in performance!!!  Have them give you back your Nvidia card and send it in for warranty coverage. 

StrataDragoon

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2013, 08:16:02 AM »
ayee po po is back

PoLaR

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2013, 03:40:19 PM »
I just ended up buying another GTX 650 last night on ebay before bed... will be here in a week. I'm too disgusted with that place to go back, fuck it lol

Thanks for the advice though, If the store was nearby I'd probably just take It back but It's a 45 min. drive away, and then all the way back.. no worries. I'll have my GeForce card again and will be good to go. Just have to wait a little longer.

12v12 should be out on Tuesday, yes? I'm jealous I won't be there for It's launch!

Enterprise © Bloc