Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Holy shit  (Read 1766 times)

CowCrusher9

Holy shit
« on: January 15, 2013, 04:35:38 PM »
A 425 Meg patch?

Does this happen a lot?

Lusankya

• Moderator in Training
    • View Profile
Re: Holy shit
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 04:40:27 PM »
The last one was pretty small and the one before that which was in mid December was not too big either. I think some work got built up since they didn't release any real content for basically a full month. I wouldn't expect patches to be this big all the time but if they are pushing out a bunch of content at one time then it probably should be pretty big.

PoLaR

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 08:02:28 AM »
I really hope they release the new Apline map next patch.. when I saw the size of the update I almost thought we were getting It this month.. but no.. I guess we can just wait another full month before we get anything new..

:|

Oh, I bought a Spider just to try It out and I had the most fun I've had for a while, only because they are so cheap lol I found  a Catapract alone in Frozen City and I just tortured him lol Fyling over him lasering I every direction, by time he would turn around I would have already be coming the opposite way! I imagine these Spiders will be extremely annoying to fight. I bought the one with 12 jumjets and you can hover over everything for giant amounts of time, Its more fun then strategic ahaha. Vettie knows how much fun I have with JJ. In Caustic Vallet, the side with the base, with that big hill where all the snipers and LRM boats go, I hit that ful tilt and jumped off It and I couldn't believe how high up in the air I got lol Anyone else try It yet?

Also, the new Hero Mech.. the colors on It are epic and I'm already tempted to get It only because light mechs are still over-powered at the moment. I hate taking advantage of the light Mechs in the game but so many other pilots do It so If you can't beat em, join em.

vettie

• Global Moderator
  • Moderator in Training
  • Life is norespawn, enjoy this round
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 12:50:41 PM »
A 425 Meg patch?

Does this happen a lot?

LOL

They added the Spider (3 mech variants) plus a new camo pattern.

To answer your question, no, the patches are not always that big. Usually 100 to 200 megs for a good sized patch.

Some smaller ones get shoved out now and then and then you get a big one like this
Life is no respawn, enjoy this round

Lusankya

• Moderator in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 06:09:37 PM »
We will be waiting a little while until they release the alpine map. I think they have a tentative release date of sometime in February. The new desert map which is supposed to be a really big map isn't coming out until march at the earliest. Yeah the patches are usually much smaller than the one we just got.

Enterprise © Bloc